Among the various ripple effects of COVID-19, coronosomnia has managed to get the lead. Researchers have found that COVID has drastically affected patients’ sleep quality, making it very difficult to sleep with a fever COVID.
Sleep is essential for the human body, as it keeps us emotionally and physically strong and fit. But users claim that sleeping with a fever COVID seems to be second to impossible. The fatigue, weakness, anxiety, and fear of death snatch even the slightest hue of napping.
However, to help you sleep with a fever COVID, we have come up with a handful of steps to follow.
So, let’s directly dwell on the steps!
Is It Difficult to Sleep with a Fever COVID? The Challenges!
Where pandemic has been a successful host of various challenges, a common challenge is Coronosomnia.
Coronosomnia is coined for the sleeping difficulties faced by users suffering from COVID fever or its aftermath. And you will surely be astonished to find that COVID has affected the sleeping pattern of nearly 40% of the patients.
Moreover, a survey showed that symptoms of COVID like intense cough and fever interfered with normal breathing patterns and thus with sleep too.
Similarly, people with a long COVID experience sleep difficulties for several months.
How to Sleep with a Fever COVID?
Despite the daunting struggle, a few concrete steps can promote sleep with a fever COVID. These include:
1. Set a Proper Sleep Schedule during COVID Fever
Try to establish a proper sleep schedule and follow that. It helps to acclimate our mind to fall drowsy and sleepy automatically at the set time. It creates a sense of normalcy among the sufferers, helping them get better sleep.
A few things to consider while making the routine schedule to sleep with a fever COVID are:
- Set a fixed wakeup time, and make sure to get your day started by that time.
- Wind down your day before your plan to sleep. It is better to wind down nearly 2 hours before bedtime, leaving you ample time to relax and practice good sleep hygiene.
- Set an exact time when you will sleep. For example, if you set the bedtime as 11 pm, ensure that by 11, your turn off the room lights, close the curtains, and have climbed into bed.
Moreover, if you want to record your sleep and find out sleep quality, you can install any sleep trackers. One of the most trusted trackers is ShutEye which analyzes your sleep the entire night and generates a detailed sleep quality report the next morning.
2. Lessen Your Screen Time
Where sleeping with a fever COVID seems next to impossible, the crucial effect of blue light clues on your circadian rhythm and the sleep-wake cycle can not be overlooked.
Therefore, it is better to reduce blue light exposure during a COVID fever for two reasons:
- The increased screen time makes our minds more tired and overloaded, which contributes to keeping sleepy naps at bay.
- The blue light interfaces with the sleep hormone production, melatonin, leading to sleepless nights.
3. Try Out Some Relaxation Exercises
Relaxation exercises also help you cope with sleep insomnia, precisely due to COVID, by making your mind relaxed and at ease.
However, don’t go for any intense workout that can make you go short of breath.
You can try yoga, meditation, white music, mindful stretches, etc., to make your mind relaxed and release endorphins, the relaxing hormones. For example, you can watch a comedy movie or a video call with your friends.
If that all is not helping you sleep and relax with fever COVID, give the ShutEye CBTi sessions a try, which strategizes different tips and tricks for each person depending on his health.
4. Eat and Drink Wisely during COVID Fever
Another step to better sleep with a fever COVID is to eat healthy stuff. Avoid sugary and fatty foods, and instead shift to food rich in protein and carbohydrates like fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat.
Moreover, limit your caffeine intake, and avoid alcohol as your immune system is already weak. Instead, consume juices that are great sources of vitamins and minerals.
5. Stay Active during Day with Short Naps
The worst part of COVID is that it leaves you tired, exhausted, and fatigued during the day with zero energy level. As a result, you are tempted to take occasional naps and stay in bed the whole day.
Try not to remain in bed the whole day. Instead, try a few healthy activities daily to help you stay active during the day. For example, you can write a morning or evening journal, read a book, or do light exercises.
Similarly, keep your evening naps short and confined to almost 10 to 20 minutes.
Why Is It Essential to Have a Quality Sleep in Fever COVID?
Having a solid nightly rest is important to juggle the effects of COVID-19. Here are a few reasons why:
- Empowers and strengthens our immune system
- Helps us fight against infections and makes our vaccine and medication more effective
- Improves mental health and helps treat post-COVID traumatic stress
- Makes the mind active and enhances the mood
Some Additional Tips to Try Out!
Apart from the above steps, here are some additional tips to help you sleep with a fever COVID and grant you a speedy recovery:
- Take a warm water bath before sleeping as it eases muscle soreness and relaxes them
- Buy a humidifier that keeps the moisture in the room. As a result, it will ease your coughing and reduce congestion.
- Place an extra pillow below your head while sleeping as it helps to open the restricted, highly congested airways.
- Take medicines on time.
- Listen to white or pink music to soothe and relax your mind.
The Final Verdict!
Although it is hard to sleep with a fever COVID, it is essential for a speedy recovery from COVID and sound health. From making a strict routine to doing meditation, there are multiple things you can try out to ease the process of sleep.
So, opt for these steps to enjoy a sound sleep with a fever COVID and give your body the necessary fuel to survive COVID-19!