Are you feeling anxious? Do you want to know what can help you cope with your worries and fears? Here is the article with the list of best anxiety apps. With us – you will get quick help and all the necessary information about them. Overcome anxiety and panic attacks! Don’t worry. Be happy! We will tell you how.
Smartphones and wearable devices are always ready to help us control our health and wellness. But not only in measuring the number of steps and our heart rate.
They can also help to observe our psychological state. Of course, an app is not a doctor or psychologist. But an App is designed to control, record, help, and provide necessary recommendations. Or inform you when professional help is needed.
- There are various techniques that can help you manage your anxiety. These include writing down your thoughts, aromatherapy, visualization, deep breathing, head massages, consuming calming teas, listening to music, meditation, and engaging in cardio exercises.
- The “3-3-3 rule” is a simple technique to help manage stress and anxiety. It involves focusing on three physical objects. This way, you can shift your focus and reduce anxiety.
- While these apps can be valuable tools for managing anxiety, they are not a substitute for professional mental health guidance.
- When selecting an app (especially when you need to purchase a subscription), consider features like guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques, tracking tools, user interface, customization options, and any additional support the app offers.
- Many apps include specific exercises and techniques to help users manage panic attacks, such as deep breathing, grounding exercises, and guided meditations to help you calm your mind and body.
How can I stop my anxiety?
There are many ways to stop your anxiety and calm down. Let’s see these 11 steps and try them. Before we move to apps for anxiety, you can also try these methods:
- Write down your thoughts. When you suffer from anxiety – Face your fears – it will help to evaluate the whole situation. When your thoughts are written on paper, they can be easily arranged and solved.
- Aromatherapy is a great natural remedy to get rid of anxiety, worries, fears, and insomnia. If you can’t fall asleep because of anxious feelings, you can try making your own essential oils for sleep spray that you can spread around not only your pillow and bed cloth but also around your room.
- Make your anxiety unreal. Don’t run away from your fears. Imagine and visualize the one you are afraid of the most. And compare your current situation with the worst one.
- Breathe deep and right. For example, several months ago, my heart was beating very fast. I used the following breathing exercises: 6 cycles (1 min), 5 secs Inhale, and 5 secs Exhale. It helped me. I did 3 cycles, and my heart rate got back to normal. Your breath should be deep, natural, and equal/even. Sit straight.
- Try doing some simple head massage. It will help to relax muscles and improve blood circulation.
- Have some tea. Green or any herbal tea will help a lot. And, instead of sweets, eat some bananas. It has a lot of helpful vitamins and minerals for the nervous system.
- Listen to your favorite music. Music will help to calm down, manage stress, and relax.
- Meditation! Also very important!
- Do some cardio exercises! Thanks to physical exercises, the level of serotonin will increase. 7-10 minutes is enough. Your blood circulation, muscles, and energy will boost up!
There is one more way to stop your anxiety without paid or free apps. Let’s learn about it more in the following paragraph.
What is the “3-3-3 rule” for anxiety relief?
This is a very simple technique or tool that will help you get stress and anxiety relief, calm down, and get rid of anxiety. Relax, and follow these steps:
First, take a pause and look around you. Find 3 physical objects and describe them by asking and answering different questions.
Second, have a look at 3 things you can see and hear clearly. Listen to the sounds you hear and name them. Try to describe those sounds.
Third, choose 3 body parts that you can easily move. It is like doing some simple and easy exercises. Just let your body parts move, blood circulates, and muscles flex.
The first and the second steps will help you to abstract from your anxiety without leaving the place where you are now. The third step will engage your physical strength and give you more power as well as energy.
And finally, we came to the mental health apps. Prepare your devices; we will need them now! iOS and Android are required!
|6 Best Apps for Anxiety||Why We Choose It||App Store Rating|
|Calm||Best Calming App||4.8/5, 4.3/5(Google Play)|
|Happify||Best Science of Happiness||4.3/5, 3.6/5(Google Play)|
|Headspace||Best App for Anxiety||4.8/5, 4.3/5(Google Play)|
|HelloMind||Best Peaceful App||4.1/5, 4.0/5(Google Play)|
|Moodnotes||Best Mood Tracker||4.7/5|
What are the best apps for anxiety?
Besides being a great, perfect sleep tracker, ShutEye also has a lot of healing music sets. You can listen to them separately or combine them in a mix like a DJ.
You can check our Online Background Noise Generator to become familiar with the sounds first, and then download the app for free and enjoy the healing power of this great app.
Download for iOS.
The name speaks for itself: keep calm and move on! Meditation is the key to peace and calm. Even their website looks very calming. This app will give you:
- Dozens of meditations
- Ambient music
- Nature sounds
And many other features and things can help you with relaxation during the day or calmly and peacefully go to bed. All standard meditations are available for free, but if you need more, just buy a monthly or yearly subscription.
This app’s goal is to show you how to live in harmony with your feelings and get the best of life. It helps you to break the habit of negative thinking and teaches you how to see the world positively.
Simple exercises are masked by easy games that are based on the research of the psychology of happiness. In the beginning, the app was free, but later, it offered monthly or yearly subscriptions.
The next app in the list of apps to help with anxiety was invented by a Buddhist Monk from England, Andy Puddicombe. A nice and simple app helps to choose a meditation program depending on your environment and time availability.
As Andy says, it is very important to meditate in the mornings. It helps to deal with stress during the following day. Here, you can choose monthly and yearly subscriptions, respectively.
Green and white. Leaves and snow or water. Calming and peaceful colors of the next app in the list of apps for anxiety.
All you need to do is choose a problem and treatment, then relax and listen to the sessions. Headphones, please! You can also turn on an Airplane Mode to fully abstract yourself.
There are a lot of other features, I want to mention those which can help to kick that anxiety for good with sessions like:
- Be calmer
- Get rid of your fear of panicking
- My ability to de-stress
Last but not least app for anxiety and depression for today is here. Once, in the article dedicated to the 5 Best Mood Tracker Apps of 2022,we mentioned this developer. The previous one was about mood tracking. Now, we have another app from this great developer.
The idea of the app is: in the beginning, you need to describe all that you feel, how you feel today/about/in general, etc. Then, you start your mood tracker journal.
As if you are talking to your app, it asks you you tell it and describe your mood, events, reactions, and so on. Everything that happens during the day.
Immediate help is also here. You can even simply scan your face, and the app will help you to choose treatment or select appropriate content for your mood/anxiety.
So far, the app is only available for iOS.
The article cannot be considered to be done without mentioning the app of all time!
Have a look at these articles that are closely related to today’s topic:
So, now, we can finish the article! Thank you for your time! We hope you’ve liked the article and found it informative!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is mindfulness, and how does it help with anxiety?
Mindfulness is the practice of bringing your attention to the present moment without judgment. It is a technique used to reduce stress and anxiety by focusing on the sensations of the body and the breath. Mindfulness can help individuals become more aware of their anxious thoughts and feelings and learn to let them go.
What is CBT, and how does it help with anxiety?
CBT, or cognitive-behavioral therapy, is a type of therapy that focuses on changing negative thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to anxiety. Many anxiety apps incorporate CBT techniques to help individuals challenge and reframe anxious thoughts, ultimately reducing anxiety levels.
Can an anxiety app replace the need for a mental health professional?
An anxiety app can be a useful supplement to professional treatment, but it should not replace the need for a mental health professional. If you are experiencing severe anxiety or have an anxiety disorder, it is important to seek the guidance of a qualified therapist or counselor.
What features should I look for in an anxiety app?
When choosing an anxiety app, it is important to look for features such as guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, CBT techniques, and tracking tools to help you monitor your progress. Additionally, consider the user interface, customization options, and any additional support the app offers.
Can an anxiety app help with panic attacks?
Yes, many anxiety apps offer techniques and exercises specifically designed to help calm panic attacks. These techniques may include deep breathing techniques, grounding techniques, and guided meditations to help you calm the body and mind in moments of heightened anxiety.