Hey, there! Are you searching for some fun with a fan at night? Or you have already been using it for a while and now, considering some other alternatives to sleeping with a fan? We can help you.
Why some people can’t sleep without fan?
There are many answers to this question. It depends on the environment where the fan is used and for what purpose. If you just want some little cool wind blowing on you from time to time, so fan can be a good choice. There is also can be situation when your partner sleeps hotter than you, so fan placed on one of the sides, can help one and not disturb another one. In case if you enjoy the gentle whirring, humming sound it makes, you might be a lover of a White Noise. White Noise in general can block a lot of background noises, so fans are an effective and inexpensive way to dull those disturbing sounds.
White noise is a combination of all the sound frequencies humans can hear, such as the sound whirring fan, radio, or television static.
So, as we may see, a fan is a combination of pleasure for ears, that is good for Light Sleepers and enjoyable wind for hot places without using A/C.
If it happens and you think that you need only sound, but not wind, try ShutEye for iOS that already has not only fan sounds, but many others!
Is it safe to sleep with a fan all night?
Well, everything in moderation! I mean, we can sleep with a fan, but not too much! Why?
1. Dust can easily fly into your nose
Let’s see how the fan works – it moves air around the room, but no matter how hard we try, there are flurries of dust and pollen all around that can easily fly into your nose. If you’re prone to allergies, asthma, and hay fever, this could stir up a whole lot of trouble.
Also, take a close look at your fan. If it’s been collecting dust on the blades, those particles are flying through the air every time you turn it on.
2. Dry your eyes and mouths
Another thing to consider is that some people sleep with their eyes partially open. Weird, but it does happen! Again, a steady airstream will dry your eyes and may cause major irritation. If you wear contact lenses when you sleep, this is particularly problematic.
Some people also sleep with their mouth open, and the excess airflow will potentially dry out their mouths and throats. Keeping a glass of water nearby can help, but do you really want to be woken up because of a dry mouth? Check out useful tips How to stop mouth breathing while sleeping? And there are Why Do You Wake Up with Dry Mouth: 6 Causes and 7 Treatments
3. Dry out your nasal passages
The constant stream of air also has a tendency to dry out your nasal passages, which could affect your sinuses. If the dryness is particularly extreme, it can result in your body producing excess mucous to try to compensate. Then, you’re more susceptible to blockage, stuffiness, and sinus headaches.
4. Concentrated cool air makes muscles tense up
People who sleep with a breeze directly on them may wake up with stiff or sore muscles. This is because the concentrated cool air can make muscles tense up and cramp. This problem is especially common for people who sleep with it near their face and neck. If you’ve been waking up with a stiff neck in the morning, it might be because of the constant breeze.
What are the best alternatives to sleeping with a fan?
There are plenty of them. Let’s stop at the best ones.
ShutEye is one of the best alternatives to sleeping with a fan.
iPhone or iPad, charger and turn on what you need, these 3 simple steps to give you the best experience you’ve ever had during a good night sleep! ShutEye is not just an app, it is quintessence of a good sleep!
- A huge selection of sleep sounds, to ensure your sleep environment is as comfortable as possible.
- Wide variety of relaxing music to help you wind down after a long, stress-filled day.
- The ability to make your own personal mix of sounds, so that you get just the right ambient noise.
So, what do we know about sound machines? Can they mix sounds? Can we add some new sounds to them? Even if they can, have a look at ShutEye, even interface’s colors are so calm and peaceful. As the evening sky.
Besides presence of a beautiful UI, ShutEye has different fans’ sounds! It has not only Floor Fan, but also Exhaust Fan, Antique Fan (listen to the vintage time), Computer Fan and Ceiling Fan!
You can listen to them separately, or mix with other nature sounds!
P.S. hey, ShutEye also provides an online fan noise generator. Check it out, come on.
Download ShutEye for Android and iOS.
- Advanced snore detection algorithms
- Records sound samples of your snoring
- Measures snoring intensity (Snore Score)
- Compares snoring across nights
- Tests the effectiveness of any snoring remedies that you use
- Measures the impact of factors such as drinking alcohol on your snoring
- Records sleep statistics
- Optional full-night recording mode
- Email sound files
- Provides information about snoring remedies
- Easy to use, no calibration needed
- SnoreLab can integrate with Apple Health to record your sleep statistics and body stats.
3. HoMedics White Noise Sound Machine
Among other alternatives to sleeping with a fan this one, is quite interesting too. While using this Sound Machine you can also enjoy White Noise sounds.
- 6 Soothing Sounds: Choose from 6 digitally recorded sounds: White Noise, Thunder, Ocean, Rain, Summer Night, and Brook; mimics the natural environment for the most relaxing experience possible.
- Compact & Portable for Travel: The HoMedics Sleep Sound Machine is small and lightweight so it easily fits into your purse, bag, or suitcase; easy to bring your sleep sounds with you wherever you go.
- Helps Your Baby Sleep: Add rhythmic nature noises to your infant’s sleep routine to help them fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer; the stylish design looks great in any room, including a nursery.
- Auto-Off Timer: Play sounds continuously or choose from 3 auto-off timer options: 15, 30, or 60 minutes; plug it into a wall outlet with the AC adapter (included) or use 4 AA batteries (not included).
- What’s in the Box: (1) HoMedics SoundSpa Portable Compact Travel Sound Machine, (1) AC Adapter, (1) Quick-Start Guide.
Click here to buy it on Amazon now!
4. Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine, Night Light and Time-to-Rise
One more sound machine which is suitable for children!
Multi-functional: Rest combines nightlight, sound machine, and time-to-rise alert in one easy-to-use device that you can control from your phone! Customize color, brightness, sound, and volume level. Set programs to turn off and on automatically based on your family’s sleep schedule.
Easy to use: Rest can be programmed to turn on automatically, can be adjusted remotely via phone, or can be tapped on manually as needed. Control remotely via easy-to-use Hatch Baby Rest app. No need to disrupt a sleeping baby!
Grows with your child: Rest grows with your child’s needs – providing soft light and white noise for midnight newborn feeding sessions, the comfort of a nightlight for a preschooler, plus a time-to-rise setting for your older child! Includes toddler lock feature and stays cool throughout the night for safety.
Encourages better sleep: Create the ideal sleep environment for your child. Choose from preset sound and color combinations recommended by sleep experts! Requirements-App available in the Apple App Store (iOS 13 or higher) and Android Google Play Store (Marshmallow or higher). Communicates through Bluetooth Low Energy
Click here to buy it on Amazon now!
5. Soft-Tones: Pillow Speaker
Enjoy high-quality private listening without headphones. Fall asleep with your favorite music or audiobook without disturbing your partner.
Superior Sound: Stereo speakers embedded in an ergonomically shaped memory foam
Unique Design: Flexible to curve around your head for surround experience
Low Profile: Use over you own favorite pillow
Hypoallergenic: Machine washable fabric
Standard: No batteries required. 3.5mm audio jack
Works great with 2breathe and RESPeRATE devices, enhancing the experience to a new level.
This over-the-pillow high quality stereo speaker is uniquely designed to deliver superior sound and surround experience. Placed over your favorite pillow, Soft-Tones curves around your head, bringing the speakers closer to your ears allowing you to enjoy great sound without disturbing your partner. The low profile ergonomically shaped memory foam completes the surround experience taking you’re in-bed listen experience to a new level.
Hypoallergenic, machine washable fabric
Green power, no batteries required
Flexible 5-foot (1.5 meter) stereo audio cord. 1/8th inch (3.5 mm) audio jack
By RESPeRATE®. Harnessing the therapeutic power of breathing & sounds to induce sleep.
Click here to but it on the official website of RESPeRATE.
That is all alternatives to sleeping with a fan I recommend, my dear fans of good sleep! Good night, sleep well and see beautiful dreams!